Sunday 5 April 2015

MeetMyEasterTreats : Take2

Carrot cake is one of my favourite types of cake (& there is tough competition trust me!) so I don't know why it has taken me so long to try my hand at baking one. I actually made this one back in Winter (which officially wasn't even that long ago) but haven't really had a perfect time to share it. But with the Easter Bunny around this weekend I thought anything carrot flavoured fits in nicely with the theme, so give a warm welcome to my homemade carrot cake. Happy Easter!







































I used this fabulous recipe originally from the Hummingbird Bakery, which I highly recommend as as even though it is a towering triple-layer cake (actually the biggest I have ever made!) the sponge was so light! I did decide to deviate slightly from the recipe however and not to cover the outside of my cake with the buttercream as I think there is enough sandwiching it all together, but feel free to experiment!

Recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook, which you can also view here courtesy of Ocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment