Friday 5 December 2014

MeetMyGreatBritishThanksgiving

Yes, you may have (definitely) heard of The Great British Bake Off (or GBBO as we like to call it!), but have you heard of The Great British Thanksgiving? No, I didn't think so... But I think this could catch on! Is it just me or are we adopting alot more American traditions. As I mentioned in my last post, I don't think this is a bad thing as any excuse to celebrate & I'm there, but why don't we alter the traditions just a little bit to make them more our own. This is when I came up with the idea for a Thanksgiving Tea Party, combining all the best festivities by inviting the girls over for some pecan pies & cranberry gin fizz cocktails...



Granted, I did put this spread together relatively quickly, as the majority of my attention was on the puffy pecan pies in the oven (taken from this recipe), but the evening turned out a treat. Anyone who has ever made pecan pies will know that they rise to an amazing height before cooling & settling down for the night into their pastry shells...I just wish I could have caught that on camera! The smoked salmon & cream cheese bagels also unfortunately skipped the photos as they were just too tasty & toasted not to devour straight away! These, along with the pecan pies & the cocktails were the centrepieces of the evening, surrounded by snacks such as pickled onions, cherry tomatoes, cheese straws & red grapes to pad out the tea party. I wanted to create a cocktail which complemented these flavours, providing a festive sparkle without being too sweet...

Cranberry Gin Fizz Cocktail

Per Glass...
Double shot of gin (I used Gordan's)
Half a glass of cranberry juice
Half a glass of tonic water
A slice of lime
...& it's as simple as stirring it all together!


No comments:

Post a Comment