Tuesday 2 December 2014

MeetMyFestivities

Happy December to you all! The last month of the year is finally here & even though it is full of memories from the past 11 months, now is the time to get in the Christmas spirit! A few months ago I spotted a Christmas stocking competition which Country Living Magazine was running. I was apprehensive as (in my eyes) it was too early to start making stockings, but I had a brain wave & I just couldn't resist. Little did I know that my entry would be good enough to go on tour with the Country Living team, being displayed at their 3 nationwide Christmas FairsI took a day trip to Harrogate to see my little penguin, get festive & stock up on some Christmas presents!


Even though my little penguin didn't quite make it to the top spot, (he was up against some tough competition, but you can see him in the bottom left hand corner) he was highly commended so I'm very happy with that! The fair was full of goodies, from exquisite home wares to decorate your houses from top to bottom, to foodie treats & homemade gifts...


When I reached this colourful stall full of fluffy hats & ponyhair clutches, I couldn't resist taking a closer look. I have been searching for the perfect pure white bobble hat for this winter, but was struggling with my search, until... 

Jacqueline Headlam's team of 2 hand makes all the vibrant products so beautifully that once I put my perfect hat on I just couldn't take it off. Keep an eye on an upcoming post to see my latest buy in all its glory...




































And no trip to Harrogate is complete without a visit to Betty's Tearooms! Even if the queue of tourists is out the door & round the corner, just squeeze past into their quaint little tearoom shop where you can buy fresh bakes, aromatic teas & delicious preserves...



1 comment: