Friday 28 February 2014

MeetMyMealOfTheDay

With breakfast being my favourite meal of the day, I thought a special breakfast post is in order! After discovering 'What Should I Eat For Breakfast Today' blog (whatshouldieatforbreakfasttoday.com) I am inspired by the wonderful recipes & mouth watering photos, I thought I'd attempt a twist on the traditional porridge. Porridge is the perfect fuel for the day with oats full of slow-release energy & if then piled high with health food toppings, you are good to go!

Meet My Coconutty Peanut, Sultana, Banana & Honey Jumbo Oat Porridge! 


My recipe consists of...

1/2 cup of Scottish jumbo rolled oats ( I use a medium mug, but just select certain sizes depending on your hunger level!)
1/3 cup of coconut milk (perfect to use up leftovers from last night's homemade curry!)
2/3 cup semi-skimmed milk

Pour all ingredients into small pan
Bring to the boil, stirring constantly
Turn down heat & keep stirring until you reach your desired thickness
Now it's time to add your toppings...


2 tablespoons of milled linseed mix (I chose the savory gojiberry, sunflower & pumpkin seed variety, as I'm combining it with sweeter toppings. The superfood seeds are a tasty mix which help your body absorb nutrition easier. Available from all good health food shops, although this one is a bargain from aldi & is just as good!)...


2 teaspoons of runny honey...


3 pinches of sultana & peanut mix...


And finally 1 banana...


Bon appetite!

Let me know your favourite porridge flavours in a comment below...

T - @AnnieLucyOakes
I - annie_oakes

...

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment Nessa!
      Your blog is lovely too, I'm now following!

      Delete