Thursday 9 May 2013

MeetOurEvolution

Occasion: University
Situation: Dressing for a working day that evolves into an evening garden barbeque






My Outfit Recipe [Let's take it from the top & break it down]...
  • Red & navy tweed cropped jacket [vintage]
  • Black & white Marilyn Monroe printed t-shirt
  • Mid-shade indigo denim jeans

Accessorize my Life...

  • Dark tan leather rucksack *handmade in Greece*
  • Burgundy converse


Sean's Outfit Recipe [Let's take it from the top & break it down]...
  • Army shirt [vintage]
  • Libertines tshirt *present from me!*
  • Black skinny jeans

Accessorize My Man's Life...

  • Hook umbrella *a gentleman's key accessory*
  • 60s style trainers [same as before]

Accessories can always make & break an outfit. While I previously praised the weather for its beautiful rays, I had to eat my words when the barbeque was struggling to stay alight through the wind & random drizzle. Welcome to the real British summertime!
Sean luckily had his trusty umbrella on hand, which proved a valuable accessory, whilst also adding a Gentlemanly vibe to his casual military/rockers inspired look.
A bag is key for a lady and when university is in full swing, a fair amount of luggage is needed. When wearing indigo jeans & navy tones, stick to brown rather than balck accessories to bring the vibrancy of the colours out. Handmade accessories add that extra edge, and while I usually prefer to create my own, I couldn't resist this dark tone of tanned leather which I spotted while spending a summer on a Greek island. I just wish I was there right now!...

No comments:

Post a Comment