Wednesday 3 October 2012

MeetMyNewLook

In my latest posts I have showcased to you my newest buys, finds & experiments.
So what comes after new hair? New make-up of course!


Today was the day of the dark lip.
The dark lip. Chocolate lips. Vamp lips. 
Call them what you wish. I just wish I had a better photo than a Visa photo-booth one... unfortunately the only photo I have taken today. However, it presents the way I wear my new hair & some new make-up experimentation. 

To achieve this catwalk-worthy beauty trend, I combined two lipsticks together to achieve the correct shade. I chose my No7 Wild Volume in 'Ruby Glow' to base my darker shade of Rimmel's 'New Black'  Lasting Fix lipstick on. The ruby hues lift the plum tones & create an almost natural looking dark lip effect. Vamp lips have a tendency to be too dark & therefore wash people out, so ensure you have a good blusher to frame your face!

Make like me & create your own catwalk look, inspired by YSL & Ralph Lauren, by pairing burgundy kissed lips with simplistic natural looking make-up & dolly-mascara eyes to avoid over-powering the look...


Finish off with sleek black leather to rule the vamp trend & flashes of brights to then break those rules!



No comments:

Post a Comment