Thursday 6 September 2012

MeetMyBasics

In this week's issue of Fashion For Thought, which I contribute to, I went back to basics...


I styled a top I simply created out of one piece of jersey, slicing the mid-rift to create a 'peek-a-boo' section. Seen above in three different looks...

Peek-a-boo Prints. I contrasted the vertical 'blinds' in my Annie Oakes' Designs top with the erratic patterned  length of a midi-skirt.

Casual & Cropped. I dressed my creative cropped tee with casual light blue-wash denim, keeping the skirt length below the knee as not to flash too much flesh!

Monochrome Illusions. Complementing the 'bra blinds' [might be a different phrase to describe a feature by, but these slices remind me of Venetian blinds!] with a black & white colour scheme ensures the fine checks worn on my skirt isn't too overpowering.

Inspired at work, by Topshop's Sensationalist tee, which uses the 'slicing' technique to create a peek-a-boo cross shape on the front!

More about my designs & other fashion-related subjects can be read at...

No comments:

Post a Comment