Monday 21 May 2012

MeetTheSunshine


Occasion: Sunny City Style


Outfit Recipe [let's take it from the top]...
  • ‘Wild’ sheer printed top [Topshop] *wearing a birthday present reflecting the current tribal & sheer trends*
  • Mum’s vintage mint green pleated mid-skirt


A Sprinkle Of Accessories...
  • Gold chain head-band
  • Vintage tortoise shell effect sunglasses *the hexagonal shapes outer lenses & the downward curve on the arms add a vintage 1920s feel*


With An Essence Of...
  • ‘Rose’ by Paul Smith *if the sun is shining outside, make sure you smell like it too!*

Dancing To...
  • Breezeblocks - Alt-J
  • Borderline - Madonna
  • Let's Go Surfing - The Drums
  • You Only Live Once - The Strokes

Lusting After...
  • Antique Gold Tape Measure Bangle from 'Junk', Manchester's Best Independent Shop!

  • Limited Edition Shoes by New Look [Confession *I just had to purchase the tan & coral sandals*...in the sale at an £8 steal!] 

Munching on...
  • Homemade asparagus, portobello mushroom, spinach & tomatoes sauteed in herbs & garlic *mmm I smell nice!* [comment me for the recipe]




Manchester turned its frown upside down today & let the sun shine! So I embraced this rare occasion by brightening everything in my life up a notch...
The time had come to break open the colourful side of my wardrobe & embrace my well collected vintage finds. I picked up on the warm tones in the print by reflecting them in my head-wear & accessories, focusing on gold & amber tones. To make it feel less like I was playing 'colour snap' I brought out the skyline tones of my top with the pastel mint green skirt. Not only is this colour very 'of the moment', it lay just below my knee which is also a present enviable shape. It is a tricky one to pull off, but I gave it a shot! Hopefully the complement I received about the skirt in the trendy Northern Quarter shop 'Junk' proved me wrong, or maybe it just complemented my Mum's younger style!?

No comments:

Post a Comment